Local and Regional Attractions
The Center City Philadelphia is the place to go. There is Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Carpenter's Hall. This is the birth place of the United States of America.
For museums and places to visit the Ben Franklin Parkway hosts the Philadelphia Art Museum, The Barnes Foundation, The Franklin Institute. The Rodin Museum, Boat House Row and a few more I might be missing.
Want to take a 9 mile plus run this is the place to do it along the Schuylkill river. Start around the Philadelphia Art Museum head out Kelly Drive to the Falls bridge then back along Martin Luther King Drive to Philadelphia Art Museum. Do it twice and it's almost 10 miles.
More Links and Resources
The Philadelphia, PA are is steeped in history and area attractions to visit. From the historic Independence Hall are in center city Philadelphia and Valley Forge to the historic Brandywine Battle fields in Chadds Ford, PA. There is a lot to see in the area.
The Colebrookdale Railroad site has a great page of links to area attractions, events, theaters, museums, science, historic site and homes.
Here is a Selection of Local Museums
- Pennsylvania Museum of Historic Vehicles (Boyertown) - The museum is housed in the former home of the Boyertown Auto Body Works, which had continuous operations on this site from 1872 – 1990, and retains the factory setting, making it a unique and interesting setting for the vehicles.
- Boyertown Historical Society Museum (Boyertown)
- Schuylkill River Interpretive Center (Pottstown)
- Carousel Museum (Pottstown)
- Reading Public Museum (Reading)
- Goggle Works (Reading)
- Reading Railroad Museum (Hamburg)
- World of Scouting Museum (Valley Forge)
- Wharton Esherick Museum (Valley Forge)
- Iron Heritage Museum (Phoenixville)
- Daniel Boone Homestead ( Birdsboro)
- Philadelphia Premium Outlets (Pottstown) - One of the largest outlets in the East, located 10 miles from the Boyertown.
- Vanity Fair Outlets (Reading) - Today, you’ll find that VF Outlet stores have evolved from only offering excess inventory to offering customers much more! VF Outlet gives customers a unique combination of ridiculously low prices, wide selection and famous brands so you can get everything you need and more!
- Taylor Backes Stained Glass Factory (Boyertown) - Offers daylong glass blowing classes at our studio in Boyertown.
- Dancing Tree Studios (Boyertown) - A working studio incorporating the unique, handcrafted work of over 200 local and national artisans.
- Studio B (Boyertown) - Studio B’s revolving art exhibits, workshops and classes, art-related activities, and community events which serve to provide social opportunities enhancing creativity, community relationships, and participation in the visual and communication arts..
Local, Downtown Boyertown Establishments and Attractions
Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books! — Peter Rhee
Aloha, Curt, All I can say is WOW! What you have accomplished is simply incredible! All the best — Glen Hirabayashi, The Aloha Boys
Thanks for visiting and checking out the site!
Original Curtie Animation from 1987 for my first web site on a Macintosh II, 33 years ago.top