Workshops • Concerts • Clinics
Checkout the Calendar of Events page for the latest listings of events at Funky Frets.
Funky Frets Music Store puts on several workshops, classes, clinics and events throughout the year. Check the Calendar of Events for all the latest events.
Virtual Workshops - Every Sunday @2PM and 4PM EDT, USA
Funky Frets and LearningUkulele.com are live streaming two workshops every Sunday with Kelly and Curt.
- Two Ukulele Workshops - FREE with Curt Sheller and Kelly Thompson.
- 2PM - May 24, Left Hand Technique, Building Left Hand Technique explores what it takes to build killer left hand chops on the ukulele. This will be a multi-week series.
- 4PM - May 24, 4-part Chords a.k.a "Jazz" Chords, Exploring contemporary 4-part, a.k.a. "Jazz" chord on ukulele all start with the Big Six, Core Chords. You most likely know the open position chords they're based on. From the Six core chords that are the Big Six and the principles of chord construction along with learning the notes of the ukulele fingerboard, you WILL be able to create ANY chord you come across just from the name. This will be a multi-week series.
Third Sunday of Every Month @1PM
- Getting Started with Ukulele - FREE ukulele workshop with Curt Sheller and Kelly Thompson.
- Followed by the Funky Frets MeetUp Jam @ 2:30 - Show up at 2PM and Curt will go over a song or two ahead of time and go over how to embellish it with chord substitutions, strumming variations. intros and endings, etc...
Getting Started with Ukulele – A Recipe for Success
Where Do I Start? That’s a common question. This workshop covers ukulele tunings, learning the ukulele fingerboard, basic chords and four famous strums. This workshop gets you rolling on having some fun playing the ukulele.
* Loaner ukuleles available at workshop.
This is a FREE workshop presented by Curt Sheller and Kell7 Thompson the third Sunday of every month. ( Check the Funky Frets MeetUp site for the latest schedule )
Just browsing over both books, they look fantastic! I'm a guitarist and uke player for over 25 years and was thinking about writing a ukulele book but you've already written what I think are the best, most comprehensive and thorough books I've ever seen for the instrument. I just might end up buying every book you've written and I'll be giving my highest recommendation for your books to my friends and students. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great books! — Peter Rhee
Aloha, Curt, All I can say is WOW! What you have accomplished is simply incredible! All the best — Glen Hirabayashi, The Aloha Boys
Thanks for visiting and checking out the site!
Original Curtie Animation from 1987 for my first web site on a Macintosh II, 33 years ago.top